Admissions & Affiliations
- U.S. District Court - N.D. Texas
- U.S. District Court - S.D. Texas
- U.S. District Court - W.D. Texas
- U.S. District Court - E.D. Texas
- State Bar of Texas
- Member, Houston Bar Association
JANET G. GARZA
Janet Garza's practice centers on complex business litigation, including a wide variety of matters such as antitrust, securities, tortuous interference, and breach of contract cases. Janet began her legal practice with Yetter & Warden, and during her tenure there, she was lead attorney representing a commercial lender on a lending liability and foreclosure lawsuit in bankruptcy and federal district court.
- Yale Law School (J.D. 2001);
- Finalist, Benjamin N. Cardozo Prize for Best Appellate Brief;
- Semifinalist, Thomas Swan Barristers' Union Mock Trial Competition;
- Director, Barristers' Union Mock Trial Competition, 2000-2001
- University of California at Los Angeles (B.A. summa cum laude 1997)
- Schirrmeister Diaz-Arrastia Brem LLP (2008-Present)
- Yetter & Warden (2004-2008)
- Andrews & Kurth LLP (2001-2002)
- Law Clerk, Hon. Lee H. Rosenthal, United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Obtained complete summary judgment for our Fortune 50 client in a Title VII case involving claims of religion, race, color, and national origin discrimination and retaliation.
- First-Chaired a breach of contract dispute on behalf of a Fortune 500 company, having drafted and argued a summary judgment motion that resulted in a full judgment for the client.
- "SEC Gives Accounting Guidance for Historical Options Grants" in The Texas Lawyer, November 2006